Coconut oil is healthy and delicious, and getting more coconut oil is a sure way to live a healthier life. There are many creative ways to incorporate coconut oil into your diet, and this article shows you just how to spice up your diet as you also reap the uncountable health benefits associated with coconut oil.
Coconut oil is the go-to miracle potion for skin, hair, teeth and belly fat issues. Now, the real magic is that you can use coconut oil both outside and inside your body. It is a tasty addition to just about any meal, meaning that you can spread it on your toast in place of butter or fry some delicious chicken with virgin coconut oil in place of your usual vegetable oil.
Why Should You Get More Coconut Oil in Your Diet?
The benefits of eating coconut oil are as many as they are wonderful. You should introduce virgin coconut oil into your diet because:
- Coconut oil promotes weight loss
- Coconut oil fights harmful micro-organisms
- Coconut oil reduces hunger
- Coconut oil reduces blood cholesterol levels
11 Amazing Ways to Eat More Coconut Oil
- Eat it From a Spoon – Are you pressed for time but still need to meet your daily coconut oil intake? Not to worry! You can quickly down a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil before you dash out of the house.
- Salad Dressing – We are all used to olive oil in salad dressings, but you can also make a delicious dressing using coconut oil.
- Eggs – You can use coconut oil to fry your eggs. It is super delicious and healthy.
- Baking – Jazz up your brownie recipe by ditching vegetable oil and replacing it with coconut oil.
- Popcorn Toppings – The taste is simply amazing! Coconut oil popcorn beats butter in popcorn. Simply melt your coconut oil and sprinkle over freshly popped corn before you add salt.
- Coconut Oil Fried Chicken – Ditch your usual vegetable oil and fry chicken with coconut oil. Yes, it is the tastiest way to eat chicken. You can count on coconut oil to spice up your chicken frying game.
- Coconut oil Vegetable Stir Fry – Vegetarians are not left out of the goodness that is coconut oil. You need a pan and your favorite vegetables. Give your normal stir fry a nutty twist that will set your taste buds on fire. Whip up this recipe when your family and friends come visiting, and then go right ahead and prance like you just invented a new recipe.
- Coconut Oil Rice – This is another great way of getting more coconut oil in your diet. Do you love rice but hate the thought of loading up on so many carbs? Move aside, coconut oil is here to fix your problem. Sri Lankan researchers conducted studies that show that coconut oil in your white rice can reduce the calories in the meal by 10-50% depending on the type of rice you use. Simply put two tablespoons of coconut oil in the water before stirring in the rice. Cook till the rice is soft, then refrigerate for 12 hours before eating. Apart from reducing calories, which is an awesome thing, coconut oil will also make your rice healthier. You can eat your healthy coconut oil rice with your coconut oil stir fry.
- Coconut Oil Smoothie – Give your smoothie a boost by adding coconut oil as one of the ingredients you throw in your blender to get a healthy diet drink. A tablespoon of coconut oil is enough for a cup of smoothie.
- Coconut Oil Coffee – Coffee will awaken you and coconut oil will refresh you! Nothing beats the exotic taste and smooth texture of a tablespoon of coconut oil stirred into a steaming cup of coffee. This delicious mix guarantees a great day ahead.
- Oatmeal – Add a dollop of coconut oil to your steel-cut oatmeal. This is an easy way to put a little healthy fat in a carb-heavy meal. Try oatmeal with stevia powder, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and blueberries. Yum!
How Much Should You Eat Daily?
The good news is that you don’t need to eat too much coconut oil to get the amazing benefits. The recommended daily amount is 2-3 tablespoons. Like many good things, coconut oil is best enjoyed in small doses.
What’s the Best Kind?
The most important thing for health is to avoid hydrogenated oils, as they have trans fats. Virgin coconut oil is widely considered to be the best, but refined can actually be just fine as long as it is steam-refined, which is how Nutiva makes theirs. This allows it to preserve its antioxidants. Refined does not have the coconut taste, and virgin does.
Read more here about the best coconut oil to get.